As the first 6 months of 2023 close out, the median sales price for the Sunapee Region sits at $417,250 up from $365,000 for the same time period in 2022. The total number of homes sold in our region since January 1 is 164, down 78 sales from last year.
During the month of June 2023, 41 single-family houses were sold compared to 60 sold in June 2022. As the region and State continue to see inventory constraints, home sales are likely to also lag behind historical sales trends.
To gain a better perspective of New Hampshire's housing inventory, we analyzed data on single-family homes available for sale during the month of June from 2015 to 2023. The numbers presented below show a consistent decline in inventory starting from 2015, with each passing year witnessing a further exacerbation of the situation.
New Hampshire Single-family Homes Available For Sale
Five Things to Know When Selling Your Home in 2023
- Due to the lack of housing inventory, sellers continue to have a strong advantage when selling their home.
- Price matters a lot. Unlike 2020 through mid-2022, sellers who significantly overpriced their property will see push back from buyers and will see longer DOM (days on market). They should not be surprised if they have to decrease their list price more than once to secure a buyer.
- Condition matters. Due to the elevated home prices and the interest rates, many buyers are taking fewer risks in 2023 than they did in 2020 - 2022. Properties that need significant repairs and push price are staying on the market.
- Professional photography and virtual tours attract more buyers. The more buyer interest, the more competition leading to sellers reaching their home sales goals.
- If you are hesitant to sell because you don't know if you'll find your next home, talk with your Realtor and they can create a plan to ensure you are protected when you go on the market.
In this market, where your next destination may be uncertain, there are multiple strategies to safeguard yourself and achieve a successful home sale. We invite you to schedule a planning meeting with us today, and we can help develop a customized home selling plan that aligns with your unique requirements.
You may also be interested in meeting our team of Sunapee Region Realtors.
- Just Listed Homes in the Sunapee Region
- New Hampshire Lake Houses For Sale
- What You need to Know When Buying Land in New Hampshire